Friday 9 May 2014

Harvey Nichols, Leeds


This was a team outing to Harvey Nichols for the Prix Fixe menu at 3 courses for £22.50 with a glass of Prosecco. The restaurant space has been made more "bling" since we last went. I am not sure it's an improvement.

Most of the dishes on the menu are shown above. The selection was a disappointment straight away, because the sample menu that had been advertised, and which had attracted us to make the booking, was miles better than the one we got.

The ham hock was OK but i didn't like the chutney and I hated the raw carrot. I wished I had had either the salmon with horseradish potato salad, or the cheese salad.

As for mains, the roast chicken with spring cabbage, carrot puree and potato croquettes was absolutely delightful. I believe the Hake was also good, though perhaps the mashed potato accompaniment was duller.

My raspberry sponge with marzipan ice cream was a disgrace for the price. Poor sponge, OK ice cream and a teaspoon of raspberry coulis. The Creme Brulee looked nicer. The most incomprehensible aspect: why was there salad on the ice cream and the sable biscuit? Unforgivable.

You might be able to tell from my tone that I was not impressed with this meal. Leaving the quality issues aside, it was all presented nicely as you can see, but the portion sizes were tiny.

If I find myself on the 4th floor of Harvey Nichols again in the near future it will be to visit Yo! Sushi.







No comments:

Post a Comment